Join Heroslodge / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 15212 members, 131,301 topics. Date: May 21, 2019, 8:35 am
Nigerian Pepper Soup is a spicy soup made with assorted meat, fish, poultry or bush meat and some hot local spices which gives it a strong and delicious aroma.
Pepper Soup is mostly sold in drinking joints, restaurants and eateries in Nigeria. It is usually named based on the type of meat used in making the soup.
• 500g Assorted Cow Meat (tripe, heart, liver&muscle)...cut into small pieces
• 2 tablespoonful pepper soup spice mix or roasted Calabash Nutmeg a.k.a Ehu /Ehuru/Ariwo after peeling off the roasted skin.
• Habanero/Chilli Pepper (to taste)
• 2 teaspoonful Dry Uziza/basil leaves (optional)
• 1 tablespoonful of ground Crayfish
• 2 Stock cubes/stock powder
• 1 teaspoon thyme (optional)
• 1 medium Onion bulb (chopped)
• Salt - to taste
• Water (as needed)
in the absence of these spices, you can make use of only
• First, clean and cook the toughest meat first; which is usually the cow foot and tripe (shaki). Add salt and thyme, pour enough water to cover the meat and leave to cook for 35 minutes on medium heat.
• After 35 minutes, stir and add the cow heart. Cook for 10 minutes and then add the muscle (fuku) and the liver. Stir well and add more water to cover the meat. Add the chopped onions and stock cubes. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
• Next, add the ground pepper, ground crayfish, uziza/basil leaves, the ground pepper soup spices, mix thoroughly and cook for 5 minutes or until the assorted meat are well cooked.
• You just made a sizzling hot pot of Nigerian pepper soup. Serve hot and enjoy. Pepper Soup can be served alone as a side dish with palm wine or any chilled drink of your choice.
• It can also be eaten as a meal, with Eko (agidi), Agidi jollof, boiled yams, boiled potatoes, boiled white rice and boiled plantains.
Χρειάζομαι ένα επείγον δάνειο μέσω ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου μας email@example.com / See Picture Of Woman Changing The Expiry Date Of Gala / Unbelievable: Nigerian Man Has Masters Degree In Eating - See Photos And Video /
Viewing this topic: 1 guest viewing this topic(Go Up)
|Heroslodge - Copyright © 2016 - Present Emmanuel Worthwhile & Ufuoma Odomero. All rights reserved. Follow Heroslodge on Facebook|
Disclaimer: Every Heroslodge member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Heroslodge.